Thursday, October 26, 2006

Parents and Dating

I'm sooooooooo sorry to all, I've been so busy with life that I haven't had a moment to blog (see comment on the last post...) But on with blogging...

My parents are really wonderful people and care so much about me and my well being (that is not to say that they don't care about my other siblings...but were not talking about them right now). Sometimes, they can be awfully harsh, especially when it comes to dating. But I realize where all this harshness comes from, it comes from the heart, simply that they want it so badly for me. It’s come to the point that I don't even feel bad for myself that I'm not married as much as I feel bad for my parents. I see how much it hurts them and how badly they want it, that I wish it would just happen already for their sake. They only want and dream to see me happy and to see me raise a family of wonderful children (IY”H). They are only nervous, simply that as the years pass, they get older and they will have less time to enjoy them. Fortunately, as time goes on, they become less and less judgmental of me, and less and less hurtful about the whole topic. They are beginning to realize that I'm hurting as much as they are and I want it as bad as they do and I'm not being picky or annoying, just the right one hasn't come by yet.

As of late, I've been so much happier about the whole subject. I really stopped thinking about it and stopped going crazy about it and you know what? I'm thrilled!!! I'm so busy with so many other things (basketball, several shiurim and chavrusas, new chessed opportunities etc...), who has time to be sad and lonely? I come home at night; I'm so tired that I don't really have the opportunity to dwell on it, which is great! I find myself believing (and FEELING!!) that it is all up to Hashem and everything will work out in the right time. I daven that it should be soon for me and the rest of the single boys (amazing, that I feel bad for some of them) and girls in search of their zivug. May this year be the year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a truly beautiful thing! my bracha to you is that you continue to have the clarity you have now, and to score as many lay ups and shots as you did monday night.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy to hear this! May Hashem recognize your efforts and send Mr. Right to you ASAP in response to your efforts....we are all rooting for you to score the big points!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home