Monday, August 14, 2006

Moshiach, Moshiach, Mosiach...Oy ya yoy ya yoy!

I know I haven't posted in a while but I've been sooooooo busy, between work and what not, life has been crazy. Starting a new job can be stressful, especially when your boss decides to drop all of his tasks on you. On top of which, he can't manage his staff and because I'm #2, they all come and complain to me...including him.

But anyway....onto more important topics. So, Tisha B'av came and went...and Moshiach didn't come. I learnt an interesting vort that really put Tisha B'av into perspective for me. I learn that even though we mourn every year, our kinnos booklets (before artscroll came along) were paperback because they would be thrown out because next year Moshiach would for sure be here and we wouldn't need to mourn again. I reminded myself of the stories of the of the Chofetz Chaim where he had his bag packed, next to his door, with the most pristine clothing, ready for the minute Moshiach arrived. I wondered and continue to wonder, why I don't have my bag packed. Do I really wait for the day Moshiach will arrive? I think of packing the bag and all I can think is, well...maybe I want to wear that outfit! After all, I spent money on it! I have no concept of buying it for the sake of Moshiach...it seems so lofty and so far away...yet, I know how wrong I am for thinking in such a mindset. Unfortunately, thinking the right way seems so foreign. I wonder what the right way to approach changing my mindset would be. I would assume it's a gradual process...the question is just, where to begin.

6 Comments:

Blogger Düdie said...

That's so funny! I mentioned to my mother last week that I think I should keep a bag packed for when mashiach comes!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Inmymind said...

See...but that's what I hate...that we just chuckle about it...why aren't we DOING it?!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

When Moshiach comes, what you wear will be trivial.
You could ask instead, why pack a bag, and instead not sleep in our clothes - why do people think that Moshiach's not already on his way?

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well maybe we should move to israel instead of waiting for the Mashiach to come. I believe once all the jews have moved to Israel, the mashiach will come.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Messianic Jew said...

Moshiach came! He's coming back!

Yeshua is the promised Moshiach of Tanakh.

Zechariah 12:9-10:
“And in that day I will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.”

12:30 PM  
Blogger Messianic Jew said...

Moshiach came! He's coming back!

Yeshua is the promised Moshiach of Tanakh.

Zechariah 12:9-10:
“And in that day I will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.”

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home