Monday, October 16, 2006

"It's ok!!!!"

So I'm back from my Yom Tov vacation and I can't get over this silly phrase I heard nearly every day..."It's ok!!” People said it while others were attempting at performing mitzvos to the best of their ability and if they came short -- well the others around would simply chant 'it’s ok!!’ It's like, so what if you did half a mitzvah? What's the big deal? At least you tried! Truthfully, the attitude grossed me out. It's such a silly attitude, I felt like people we're saying, come downstairs half dressed -- It's ok!! -- When really all these people were dressed to the nines! Where did we learn about this half baked attitude towards Torah and Mitzvos? Not any institution that I attended...One's very similar to where most people attend. It hurt me, to see such an attitude and so soon after Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur!!

It makes me wonder if people really believe that Hashem isn't watching us...ALWAYS? I know it's hard to remember but at least at the point of performing a mitzvah, you would hope that someone at least would attempt to do their best. I know it's a naive approach...but I look at those who are so sincere and wish that other's were more like them...Maybe we would have a chance of Mashiach coming a bit sooner...

Anyway...it’s back to the regular scheduled programming (i.e. work...) and well, I can't say I'm all that excited -- but at least I got some nice new fancy furniture in my office ;-). Looking forward to Shabbos as always!

Dear readers...Have a great week!

4 Comments:

Blogger kasamba said...

Well, my mother always gives heterim if I've done something wtong- but I guess she just doesn't want me to beat myself up about the mistake I made.
Maybe that's what those people were trying to do- to alleviate the guilt at doing something wrong.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I hope you're alright. You haven't been online lately and I went to visit you in your office but you weren't in today... Miss seeing you...

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the alleviation of guilt obviate תשובה? Aren't we supposed to serve G-d with ALL of our emotions; בכל לבבך ובכל נפשך?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Inmymind said...

Oh my goodness -- my dear fellow bloggers -- I'm SOOOO sorry for not responding -- I've really been so busy with work and everything, that I haven't had a spare moment to even blog! Just shows how un-bored I am at work. But to respond to all of you.....

Mindless Cravings -- I totally agree. Don't put your oppinions onto others, if that's you're standard you're more than welcome to keep to that but don't prevent others from keeping higher ones.

Kasamba -- I think there's a way of mechanchim you're children to let them know what they did is wrong. I'm not a parent, so I have no idea exactly how to go about that. Yet, these people weren't trying to make others feel better about their wrong mitzvos they were simply telling them that they did half a mitzvah -- it's ok, don't worry about the rest -- as if to say G-d doesn't really care anyway.

Julie -- I know I've been so busy and I work so much on computers all day that I have no desire to go online anymore...I know, weird! But anyway, ya, we have to get together for shabbos -- but I'm glad I got to see you the past couple of days :)

Anonymous -- I'm 100% with you, if you don't feel bad about something, how on earth are you going to even understand the concept of asking for forgivness?

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home