Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

First of all, an apology to everyone about the previous post and my opinions about my dating life but you know what? I'm soooooooooooooooo HAPPY!! I'm not worried or thinking about it anymore etc... Life's great! In addition, my post was in no way meant to offend anyone. It was simply an expression of my feelings and nothing more. Anyway, I've never really blogged in the company of others. I usually do it in a more private setting but here goes nothing!

So this weekend was nice. I got some nice outfits ready for the high holidays. Although, I just found out that my parents are probably coming to NY. I REALLY don't want to daven by my sister. I don't like the shul etc... I love my shul and feel much more at home there. Do I stand up to my parents and tell them I care more about my own personal davening than spending yom tov with them? It sounds mean and selfish but if I'm praying for my life well....I would like to spend it where I am most comfortable. I'm simply torn. I also don't want to spend the whole yom tov feeling guilty that I'm not there with them especially since I don't see my parents as often since we live far away from each other. I'll discuss it with my parents and see what they say. I didn't go home last year, even though the rest of my family went. Wish me luck.

I'm nervous for work tomorrow. I have about a month to withstand my boss' slowness. It'll be fine and I'll be fine. I just need to get through it.

In addition, Elul is here...how unprepared I am...I better get moving but for some weird reason, I don't feel particularly motivated. I feel as if I'm going through the various motions that I should be...the davening, learning etc...but I don't feel spiritually moved. I'm feeling spiritually empty in fact. I don't know what to do...any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Since I'm borrowing someone's computer I'm cutting this somewhat short. To be continued...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for using the phrase "high holidays" it made my day! AND I am so happy you had an AWESOME extra long weekend!

10:10 AM  
Blogger kasamba said...

I hope work was okay!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Inmymind said...

Rbv -- Always happy to make your day!!

Orlee -- I'll try...but you know how it goes...

Kasamba -- work is fine, just busy!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home