Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Venting Session

First things first. I'm going to give a shout out to my 2 good friends and faithful readers out in the holy land! Thanx for making my trip there the best and thanx for finally commenting on my blog!

On other news, life has been insane since I've come home. Interestingly enough, I've met with a Rosh Yeshiva, and 2 other shaddchanim but I have this wacky feeling that there just aren't any guys around. Every guy someone mentions, either won't say yes to me, isn't shayach or we've dated. I can't even say: "well, we'll wait for the new crop" because they'll be far too young! So...I'm a bit stuck. I'm considering going to Israel but who knows if that will actually materialize. I want to be sure I'm making the right decision via shidduchim. Life is so scary...

And then of course comes the whole yeshivish debate in my head...is it really that important and can I really not live without it. I want to get married so badly that I feel like I should start compromising, but why compromise on my account of not being happy??? It's such a crazy debate in my head....I just wish I knew what G-d wanted of me....

I wish things were in place for next year ie. a job, a place to live etc.... The whole thing is making me a bit nervous....

Oy!!!!!

P.S. my birthday is coming up...April 23...I will be the ripe old age of 24!

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Wow, there's a lot going on here. I think Yeshivish is a broad term, in that it can be used hashkafically (black hat, daas torah) or to assess a guy's level of learning. I think that matching hashkafas is important, but it shouldn't matter in the least whether he has learned zevachim in Brisk or can't even read hebrew. Just my feeling.

8:35 AM  
Blogger WillWorkForFood said...

Josh-
Diana has a very specific definition for 'yeshivish' and in terms of what you mentioned it simultaneously applies to both and to neither.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Inmymind said...

Finally...someone who understands me!!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home