Friday, February 17, 2006

Camp SOY 2006

The Seforim Sale is back in full swing! I tried to stay away but just realized how much I mised it or maybe it's the lack of excitment that is occupying my life at this time that I feel the need to latch on to something. I enjoy the thrill and most importantly the power. No, I'm not that power hungry type that feels the need to put people down to make themselves look better. It's the power of knowledge that I'm enjoying. It's knowing which seforim we have and don't have and which ones would suit the needs of a customer etc...I think it comes from a love of pleasing people, but it's really enjoyable.

One thing I am noticing is my undying love for seforim. Some people have their obsessions about girls/boys and me -- well my disease lies in the fact that I love seforim. Most people say it's a good thing and I don't thin it's entirely bad, although I think I will go WAY overboard at some point.Hopefully it'll make my husband happy someday -- that we actually own a nice libary!

Anyway, Shabbos is coming!! Time for some rest!

6 Comments:

Blogger WillWorkForFood said...

Knowing which seforim we do and don't have? Lol. Come on...we're not THAT gullible. I ordered the seforim - i could send you a list and you wouldn't even have to go...

7:03 PM  
Blogger Inmymind said...

Shoot....you caught me....It's for all the 15 year old boys....

10:41 PM  
Blogger WillWorkForFood said...

You mean Shmulik?

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just at the YU sale (yesterday) and there wasn't any great deals 90% of the seforim I was able to get cheaper at some brooklyn Seforim stores. (Moznaim Etc.)

4:49 PM  
Blogger WillWorkForFood said...

Um...yeah, hello...
The Seforim Sale is no great shakes in terms of actual s'forim (la'afukei fluff); we lack many staples and definitely don't have anything rare. In terms of pricing you'll most likely get a better selection and deal in Brooklyn. It's the english stuff that rakes it in, and the prices on Rishonim sets rival that of the MRK sale in Israel, which is only annual and is, of course, in Israel...

10:36 PM  
Blogger Inmymind said...

Hey, but sefer....you came!! And probably bought something :-) That's all that matters!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home