Monday, February 06, 2006

And Just How Frum are You?

After chatting it up with one of my roommates, I've decided that life is just so backwards. I could try to think pure thoughts, especially while dating but if the guy is thinking inappropriate thoughts...well then, all mine go to waste (seemingly, at least). My roommate was trying to make me believe that guys are simply animals with one thing on their mind and that girls are not really all that much different. I believe it, I really do but I wonder about how weird I really am, if I'm not thinking like these people. Does it drift through my mind at some point? Sure...but not at this incredible intensity that my roommate had painted for me. I've never felt so alone in a way of thinking...but maybe I am one of a few who really think in a pure manner (no, that was not to pat myself on the back).

I think what bothers me most is simply that we are taught to be of pure mind and that so many of us fail. It's not something were taught once or twice but something we're probably taught EVERY DAY! I always wonder what Hashem is thinking...A)"I know, it's so hard and you're doing great, just keep working at it" or B)"You bunch of sickos!". At the end of the day...I have no idea (obviously) but I hope that others have ingrained (and if they haven't, will ingrain) these lessons into their lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

I just hope this isn't a roommate of yours that is engaged. Yuck. But it's true. We are animals, sorry. You can distract us pretty easily though. Wearing tight clothes is a bad idea. Feeding us is a good idea. We're very simple.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me josh... firstly i didn't say anything so intense that it justified a "yuck". chill. i stand behind what i stated. mainly that people are physical, and they judge based on appearances first. middot are very important but people only see them after getting passed the initial step. to be successful in areas such as dating and even obtaining a job, it is very important to recognize this reality.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home