Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pesach Time is Here, Again...

Pesach comes to me with such a mix of emotions. It used to be my favorite holiday, when we spent it in the comfort of my home, with all memebers of my family gathered, the delicious yom tov food and the beautiful spring time weather.

Unfortunately, we started going away EVERY year and it's just not the same. Eventhough everyone is here, we now live in the center of hock, where every Jew has literally migrated to. I hate the fakeness that they bring -- the fact that their whole yom tov is based simply on how many outfits can they wear in a day etc... The lack of Tznius and the total disrespect for the chag is just so appaling in my eyes that I now detest the holiday.

I read a beautiful Dvar Torah by Rav Shimson Dovid Pinkus zt"l (yes, my not so secret obsession) where he basically talks about how much we have lost focus of the real purpose of Pesach. So many of us are SO obsessed with making sure every little thing is done in the most machmir of ways and yet, when it comes to yom tov, we forget to learn Torah which is really what this Chag is all about.

I hope that your chag is much nicer than mine, I'm sure I'll reflect more on my feelings post chag but till then Chag Kasher V'sameach!!

1 Comments:

Blogger almost_frei said...

First of all, my wishes to you for a wonderful chag...

It's a real shame that you are going to a place that you feel will not allow you to truly enjoy the beauty of the yom tov.

Each year my family thinks about going away for yom tov, and b'h we don't because of all the reasons you mentioned.

Chag kosher v'sameach

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home