Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's Amazing...

I have yet to understand what engagement does to people, that they suddenly forget that there is a world and people with feelings around them. It amazes me how people who cried day and night over their plight (of not being married) are now happily engaged or married and their friends become completely insignificant. Unfortunately, I am and have been faced with this phenomenon too many times to count and all it does is pain me. I have one friend at this point in time who made and continues to make (even a year later) every effort to include me in her/their life. She graduated from Social Work school (yesterday!!) and like a proud friend went, because I knew she would want me there, to be a part of her milestone. My day was only tainted (as it is every day) when I returned home. I walk in to my own home/apartment like a complete and total stranger. My roomate and her chosson/fiance (whatever you prefer to use) are ALWAYS over, from the minute I get home to the minute (and well after the time) I go to sleep. You would think that they would say hi, how was your day, but it's never like that. I just walk in say hello (no acknowledgement) and go on my merry way (all the way over to my room). It's depressing sometimes and more so I am amazed that a ben and bat Torah act in such a way, with absolutely no considertation to another individual. I have yet to be invited to have a meal with them or to even join in a conversation. It's always them...and me. I thank Hashem it's almost over (1 more month) and I pray that I never do this to anyone. If I do, feel free to let me know...even if it requires literally hitting me over the head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Inmymind said...

I'm not angry at her, so much as I'm disappointed. I guess I expected more...maybe I shouldn't. I treat her with respect and decency but I truly believe that like most things, if you just put your mind to it, anything can be accomplished. Just keep it in mind all the time, the same way we think about Hashem, think abhout your friends. It's basic bein adom l'chavero.

AND....MAZEL TOV! You give me such hope that IY"H one day, I too will get there!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! I just wanted to tell you i totally empathize with your situation. I have so many friends that dropped me as soon as they had that special someone and now the only thing they ever ask me about is if i'm going out with someone. they clearly have to keep themselves updated. In contrast to those friends, I have real friends. Even after marriage and a kid, in some cases, i have friends that find the time to call me. I know thats the kind of engaged/married gal you're gonna be and that should be what comforts you. miss you, man.
~elie a

10:57 AM  
Blogger Inmymind said...

Thanx guys for all your comments!

Holeches Levadi -- I have no doubt that you put in all the effort necessary. Sometimes we never win, but life is filled with such situations.

Anon (elie a.) -- I hope I can live up to that!! Miss you tons too!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home