Sunday, May 07, 2006

Chessed

I've been meaning to write this post for quite some time. I think I've come to terms with being single. It's still hard and I still want to get married more that you can imagine but there is a reason why it is this way. Being single has really given me the opportunity to help people with literally anything. Whether it be to help a friend mark her papers for school, cook for someone in the hospital, sleep over when a friends' husband is away etc... These are all things I would NEVER be able to do, if I were married. I truly thank Hashem for giving me the opportunity to do so much chessed. I truly look forward to every chance I get. Truth is, I better get all the shamayim points I can now because there will be a point when time and opportunities will be limited. A famous phrase that we should all learn from...

"Im lo achshav, ematay?" ; "If not now, when?"

2 Comments:

Blogger almost_frei said...

great attitude... and I hope your chesed days outside the home become limited, by the need for you to take care of your own household... soon!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the beneficiary of your marking papers for a friend because then i dont end up marking them-Thank You!
And of course for the musser lesson as well.....

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home