Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Am I wrong?

I attended a lag ba'omer party for single girls. It was nice, I got to see some friends and relax. A girl got up to give a D'var Torah and she went on to say how all single girls should unite. That we should get together and enjoy each others' company, whether it be having shabbos meals together or just getting together as a group of single girls. I couldn't help but think, is it really such a good idea to have single girls congregating all the time, when all discussions inevitably lead to dating. I'd rather be with different families that I know, who bring about a special aura of shabbos, which I would never get if I would spend it with single girls on a Friday night. Dating is hard enough as it is. Who wants to spend shabbos talking about it? I'd rather hear the all inspiring words of the Torah. It's the only thing that will provide any sort of nechama to my/our plight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home